Monday, September 19, 2011

Clarification

Eileen sent me a note on the 17th to say happy birthday. Yes, I am now 53 :o. The good news is I feel better than I did at 33. She also commented on my recent “Found it” post. She said I am loved by many family and friends, including her. And yes, I am very blessed in many things, including the love of family and friends. But that's not the type of love that helps focus energy. Some, but not a great deal. Especially when most of those people are not with you.

The kind of love one needs is the kind that really helps focus energy, makes you want to do your best, makes you want to succeed. The kind of love that makes you feel so good you feel like you can move mountains – because you can! That kind of love is different. It's the random touch in the kitchen, the quiet glance with “that look” across the table, holding hands on the beach, cuddling in front of the TV, holding each other until you fall asleep. That's the kind of love that moves mountains. That's what I miss.

I know this kind of love exists because I had it almost continuously for more than 12 years with Eileen. There were many times, even many years into our marriage, that I felt a love so deep that I can only describe it as absolute bliss. Even while writing this, remembering these times, I feel some of what it feels like. Wonderful! The trick is to feel what these memories provide while ignoring any lack. Feeling lack counteracts any benefit of the memory, and is actually detrimental. Feeling the substance of the memory and only that, is power.

I am blessed with the ability to feel this depth of love. It seems many don't. It's not that some don't possess the ability, I believe we all do. Some just have to search for it harder than others. Some have to intentionally want it. But this is the type of love that moves mountains, if you know how to combine it with faith and desire.

I can feel some of this love in my memories. I will have it again. Soon.

And since we're on the general subject, and I seem to be on a rant anyway, let's continue with the next item in Mr. Hill's equation. Sex.

As Mr. Hill points out, sex can be extremely powerful in generating and focusing your energy as well. But there's a catch. Sex when combined with the love that is described above can be extremely powerful. It not only generates powerful emotion in both parties, it has the effect of combining and joining the energies of both parties. If both parties have the same goals and desires, the effect can be tremendous.

Now for the catch part. Sex without the afore mentioned love behind it, while satisfying animal instincts and dispersing built up hormones, is just sex. It can be fun and somewhat fulfilling, sort of, but it is not making love. It has no energetic value at all. This is something that has to be experienced to be understood. And those who have not felt the depth of love that I have mentioned here, will not understand. Making love (love + sex) is exhilaration and power. Sex on it's own is not.

According to the teachings of Abraham (Jerry & Esther Hicks), you need strong emotion, generated by thought, and strong desire in order to succeed in using deliberate creation. But a lack in one can be overcome by great strength in the other. Also a lack of strength in either or both doesn't mean you can't create, it just means you can't create as quickly. So, I may not have all three of the emotions mentioned by Napoleon Hill in Think & Grow Rich, but I have great strength in what I do have.

I will succeed!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Mike! You should think about coming back east.

    ReplyDelete