Saturday, September 3, 2011

Money makes the world go round, or at least the wheels

I was supposed to leave DeAnza on the first of this month. Couldn't. It costs about $20 to get from DeAnza to SD, and then I need to get around from where I need to stay during the day, where I need to find WIFI access and where I need to stay at night. A guy in DeAnza owed me some money for about 3 months. He finally paid me the last $60 yesterday. That'll get me to town, buy a little food (my food stamp money ran out about a week ago) and let me move around a bit. Fortunately, I met with a friend here in SD yesterday who gave me $40 for some work I did for her a while back.

Now, $100 might seem like a lot, but it doesn't seem to last long. Part of it is a learning curve. Learning where to stay. Getting those 3 points I have to go to (day, night, WIFI) closer together. I drive a 4X4 pickup, loaded with all my tools and living supplies. It doesn't exactly get the mileage of a Prius.

No comments:

Post a Comment