Friday, September 2, 2011

This is it

Well, this is it. I've decided to take the plunge. An improvement in many ways. I was living in a 23 foot travel trailer in a trailer park in the middle of the southern California desert for over a year and a half. DeAnza Springs. Now I'm on the streets of San Diego living in the back of my short box Dakota pickup.

So, how is that an improvement? Well, here I have the potential to meet people. Here I have the potential to make a little money doing odd jobs and selling my hand carved wooden bowels that I brought with me. Here I have the potential to start a substantially profitable business. Here there is potential. None in DeAnza.

I started a blog a while ago abut starting a food cart business here in SD using nothing but the Law Of Attraction. I say nothing but LOA because, well, I have almost nothing. I have my truck, a borrowed computer, a few meager possessions for survival and my wits. No money at all.

BTW, The picture above is not my truck. The batteries are dead in my camera, so I'll get some real pics later in this blog.

My friend Pamela suggested I journal my life on the street. I'm not much for keeping a diary. Never have. But a blog is kind of the same thing and I don't mind doing it if it might benefit or at least entertain someone. I didn't want to use my other blog for this 'cause, well, it's for business. It's purpose is to chronicle the progression of the Nearly Naked food cart business. Not for personal stuff. So this one is personal. What it's like to be, I guess you might call it, the upper class of the homeless here in SD. Upper class? I have a truck to stay in. I have power to run my computer and travel to WIFI hot spots like Starbucks and McDonald's. I'm not sleeping on a park bench and sitting on the street corner with a handout cup. I'm doing pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment